Speech and Hearing Colleges in Bangalore, B.Sc audiology and audiology courses in Bangalore
Duration : 4 years
Eligibility : 10+2 ( Physics Chemistry & Biology )
Type : Degree
B.Sc. in Audiology is a 3-year undergraduate course that offers specialization in the treatment of hearing, balance, and related disorders. The program is structured to train students in the techniques necessary for communication with patients who experience impaired hearing or related sensory disorders. Audiologists are healthcare professionals who specialize in identifying, monitoring and treating hearing impairments and disabilities. They handle hearing problems and tinnitus. Audiology is the branch of study that deals with identifying, assessing and managing of individuals with problems in hearing and balance. An Audiologist assesses hearing, helps fit hearing aids and other amplification devices, deals with noise measurement and control, and addresses the communication needs of people of all ages who face hearing balance disorders. Graduates of audiology courses are thoroughly trained in administering auditory tests for infants, children and adults, interpreting and reporting test results, development and improvement of test techniques, and communicating with a wide variety of patients. Qualified graduates can find employment in the public and private sectors, such as schools, hospitals and speech therapy and audiology practices with a degree in audiology.
Audiologists possess extensive knowledge of the human vestibular systems and sensory organs, and they receive comprehensive training in sound generation, which is necessary for the accurate fitting and use of hearing aids. The key responsibilities and duties of audiologists are
- Examining patients with hearing, balance, or related ear problems
- Assessing the results of the examination to diagnose the problems
- Determine and provide treatment for meeting patients’ requirements
- Provide treatment for tinnitus (ringing in the ear)
- Fitting hearing aids
- Educate patients along with their families on ways to listen and communicate
- Record the patient’s progress
- Make aware patients about methods of preventing hearing loss
The eligibility criteria required for admissions audiology colleges are mentioned below:
- Candidates should have qualified 10+2 from a recognized Board of education with a minimum aggregate score of 45%.
- Candidates must have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main subjects in higher secondary level with the aggregate score, not less than 45%.
- The candidates are shortlisted for admission based on their performance in 10+2 and the entrance test conducted by the institute (not a compulsory procedure for all institutions), followed by a final round of counseling.
- The average course fees for the course ranges from INR 1 lakhs to 5 lakhs.
B.Sc audiology colleges in Bangalore
B.Sc audiology graduates can opt for many career options of which the common ones are ENT and audiometric technicians and Audiology technicians. Among all the institutions offering a degree program in audiology, B.Sc audiology colleges in Bangalore are among the few elite options. The curriculum aims to educate students to help people with hearing disabilities. The location, excellent infrastructure, use of advanced equipment along with qualified and experienced teaching faculty make these colleges a popular choice among students. Graduates in audiology can also earn different certifications and opt for Higher study options like M.Sc PhD and M.Phil for improving career prospects.
Speech therapy courses and future
The advancements in audiology and audiology treatments have taken a leap in the past few years. The speech therapy course and other audiology courses scope in Bangalore attract a lot of students to the course. Qualified graduates generally practice as Audiologists and work in many different types of environments as pathologists, educators, engineers, educators, scientists, and other allied health professionals. The course also offers a chance for the professionals to closely interact and help people with hearing disabilities, work under qualified professionals and laboratory-based education. The annual course fee of an audiologist or audiometric technician is around 4 lakhs.Coll
|Dr. S.R. CHANDRASEKAR INSTITUTE OF SPEECH & HEARING||BANGALORE||Apply Online|
|SAMVAD INSTITUTE OF SPEECH & HEARING||BANGALORE||Apply Online|
|NASEEMA INSTITUTE OF SPEECH & HEARING||BANGALORE||Apply Online|
|SRM UNIVERSITY||CHENNAI||Apply Online|
|JSS UNIVERSITY||MYSORE||Apply Online|
|MANIPAL UNIVERSITY||MANIPAL||Apply Online|
|MERF INSTITUTE OF SPEECH & HEARING||CHENNAI||Apply Online|
|NITTE INSTITUTE OF SPEECH & HEARING||MANGALORE||Apply Online|
|M.V. SHETTY COLLEGE OF SPEECH & HEARING||MANGALORE||Apply Online|