BSc bachelor of science in neuroscience and Bsc neuroscience colleges in Bangalore
Bsc Neuroscience technology / Bachelor of science in neuroscience is a 3 years full-time undergraduate program. Neuroscience technology is a healthcare branch that deals with the use of technology and equipment in the scientific study of the nervous system .Neuroscience deals with the structure and function of the brain and nervous system. The subjects of study are neurochemistry, experimental physiology or any science of the brain/nervous system. Bsc or bachelor of science in neuroscience technology courses focuses on instilling complete knowledge about different approaches used to study the functioning of the nervous system with the help of technological advancements. A neuroscience technologist can acquire specializations in different fields, from neuroanatomy to neuropsychology. They are allied health professionals who are qualified to perform diagnostic procedures like, evoked potentials (EP)electroencephalograms (E E G), nerve conduction studies (N C S), electronystagmograms (ENG ) and polysomnograms(P S G). They usually work under physicians and assist them in collecting and analysing the data about the diagnostic parameters related to the functioning of the nervous system. Certified Neuroscience technologists can also formulate pharmaceuticals for neurological disorders. The scope of neuroscience technology is continuously broadening and qualified professionals of the discipline can seek both medical and non-medical career opportunities.
Neurodiagnostic technologists or Neurodiagnostic technicians make use of science and technology to diagnose and treat neurological diseases and disorders. Neuroscientists or neuroscience technologists also work as researchers within medical institutions and hospitals. In research-specific jobs, neuroscientists design and carry out scientific experiments related to the nervous system and its function. There are plenty of career opportunities for neuroscientists outside the field of research, including careers in neuroscience industry, science writing, government program management, science advocacy, and education. The duties of neuroscientists are:
- performing research in health care institutions or laboratories.
- Evaluating, diagnosing, and treating patients.
- Operating equipment used to monitor brain and nerve activities.
- Creating computer-generated models to study and experiment
- Measuring the function of the peripheral nerves responsible for movement and sensation
Best Colleges for Neuroscience in Bangalore and Best Neuroscience Programs
Some of the best neuroscience programs available in medical institutions in India include the courses provided by the best colleges for Neuroscience in Bangalore. The eligibility criteria and admission requirements for these colleges are as mentioned;
- Candidates should have qualified 10+2 from a recognized Board of education with a minimum aggregate score of 45%.
- Candidates must have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main subjects in higher secondary level with the aggregate score, not less than 45%.
- The candidates are shortlisted for admission based on their performance in 10+2 and the entrance test conducted by the institute (not a compulsory procedure for all institutions), followed by a final round of counseling.
- The average course fees for the course ranges from INR 10,000 to 1,90,000 Lacs.